Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Digiworld that effects Digiteens

Digiteens: Digital Citizen Ship by Digital Teenagers was an interesting video. It showed different projects that were done by teenagers having to do with being a teen in a world surrounded by technology. One group did research on how DWT kills enough people to be considered as bad as a DUI. Another group learned about making a Sims type game online, and another group discussed how teens don't realize what they put on the Internet is there forever and accessible to everyone.
I personally have lost a friend in a car wreck, and he was doing nothing wrong when he was hit and died instantly on impact due to someone Else's carelessness. I realize how just a split second of not paying attention can affect your life and someone Else's. I don't think people think about the fact that it is not just their life they are putting at risk, but also the other drivers around them.
I hope that I can teach the kids in my class about being safe with the technology that surrounds them. They need to realize that the Internet is accessible to just about everyone and what they have fun putting on the Internet now might come back to haunt them in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. I lost a classmate in high school also to a car wreck. He was riding a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete