Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Project Learning... or learning through fun Projects!

This video shows different schools that are teaching kids in new ways. They have the students doing projects that interest the students instead of making them learn and memorize things from textbooks. Keeping the students interested makes them want to learn instead of hating going to school.
I am one who likes to learn by experiencing instead of having to learn from a textbook. One of my favorite classes in high school was Show Choir, because we were learning while doing. I did not have to study all the time for the class, because we learned there in the classroom. We did learn about the history of music, but it was while we were singing that type of music that we learned the background of what we were singing about.
I hope that I will be a class that my students will want to come to. I want to be an interesting teacher that does not bore my students into hating school. I hope that I can find interesting ways to teach everything that I will be teaching, especially because there are not always textbooks for all classes that are taught in special education.







No comments:

Post a Comment